Project No. 6482
Design students from the Queensland University of Technology were recently given the opportunity to work with Sydney based grass-roots design collaborative Cave Urban on the design and build of some unique bamboo art forms for the 2015 Brisbane Festival.
BE Collective has undertaken structural design and certification for a multitude of artistic and sculptural installations including:
– The Hybrid by Cezary Stulgis,
– Digital Origami by the Laboratory for Visionary Architecture (LAVA),
– Everyone, Every Day at the Vivid Festival by Kuuki,
– Circle Garden Shelter Installation by Sou Fujimoto Architects, and,
– Emergency shelter installations by Donovan Hill and Conrad Gargett architects
The bamboo structures called “Gardens Install” and “Sunder the Sun” were exhibited at the 2014 and 2015 Brisbane Festivals.
The Brisbane Festival exhibition aims to explore and improve the use of locally sourced bamboo as a fully renewable and extremely reusable construction material. The resulting works have been featured at the Woodford Folk Festival as well as installed and displayed around the QUT campus and the Brisbane Botanic Gardens.
BE Collective is proud to have contributed to such an interesting and educational initiative, especially one with a focus on environmental sustainability. (more…)