Located in Brisbane’s West End the Brisbane Brewing Co. Brewery features an onsite bar, deli – and of course brewery. The Brewhouse Brewery produces a delicious range of award winning beers including the sparkling ‘Sunshine’ lager and their infamous ‘Up Yer Kilt’ Scottish Ale. They also offer a comprehensive ‘Brewniversity’ course!
Tucked away in a re-purposed warehouse behind a fruit store, the Brewhouse project came with some interesting challenges and opportunities for BE Collective.
– Working with and preserving the existing warehouse infrastructure to increase utility and stability;
– Improving roof bracing to resist increased lateral loads;
– Extensive slab manipulation;
– Drainage management.
Built Environment Collective provided a range of structural design and certification services, key commission aspects included:
– Slab topping to achieve drainage,
– Load-capacity clearance for brew vats,
– Suspended slab design,
– Roof bracing,
– Planning and design of building additions,
– Ensuring continued project stability and quality through increased site presence commensurate with a renovation project.
Head over to the brewery to admire the BEC Team’s work over a local craft beer. Chin Chin!